No fluff, no story, no long explanations. I have a challenge for you.
Think about ways to give to your favorite charity. I am sure several ideas came to mind. I first came up with six simple and obvious ideas. Then I started thinking about what’s unexpected. And then I started doing the math on how to do more. Let’s not stop here. What did I miss?
My First Obvious Six
- Make your normal size donation now – don’t wait till end of the year.
- Make a larger than average donation – target a specific project or program of the organization.
- Make a special donation now to help the organization deal with unexpected issues related to COVID-19.
- Give to general operations.
- Give to their greatest need – trust them to know where it can best be used.
- Check to see if your company will match your gift.
Five Unexpected Ways to Make a Difference
- Sponsor someone receiving specific services from the nonprofit organization.
- Sponsor volunteer training supplies at their next training.
- Ask if they need equipment replaced and replace it.
- Pick a day, buy, and deliver lunch for everyone working. Breakfast is just as good.
- Buy a stack of gift cards, like Starbucks, and drop off as thank you gifts for volunteers and, or staff.
Five Ways to Increase Your Donation
- Find a friend to match your gift.
- Find a friend to split a larger gift.
- Join a Giving Circle to make even larger gifts.
- Make a challenge gift. Example: Match dollar for dollar the next ten $50 donors who have not given in the last several years. Send your $500 gift after the organization meets the challenge. Go wild and make the gift as large as you can afford.
One Way to be Creative and Visionary
- Start a conversation with leadership about their future to identify the intersection between your interest and their plan to get there. How can you give to their future?
Well, that’s my 16! Let’s get to 21. What are your creative giving ideas?
Giving is an art and a science. The art is exploring the why that makes your giving unique. The science is figuring out how you like to give.
Do You Like the Idea of Giving as an Art?
Check out Your Giving Fingerprints to learn more about your unique giving style. How do you stay true to the way you most love to give?
Do You Prefer the Science of it all?
Think about ways to increase the size or value of your donation.
Don’t forget this is a challenge. Share your giving ideas so we can get to 21 today.
Our readers are helping us get to 21. See their giving ideas below in the comments section!
Like it? Use it. Share it. Comment below.
Get in Touch:
Do you have questions or ideas you’d like to discuss? To connect with Dawn directly click here.